Official vehicle for private birding trips.
Ultra Low Emission Vehicle
|TRANSFERS, TRANSPORTATION & TOURS PLANNER
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Prices are based for any
services offered from 7:00 AM
to 6:00 PM for up to 3 PAX.
- If you require transfers from
6:00 PM to 7:00 AM, please
add $45 for the nocturnal
- Cruise ship passengers:
Before booking a tour or
activity that requires transfers
(pick-up and drop-off), we
strongly suggest that you
alternatives with our staff
and decide if you have
enough time to be back on
the ship on time.
- Traveling with small children?
You must bring and use car
seats for each child
depending on height and
weight in order to comply with
- Gas fee will apply as of March,
|ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE HOURS: MONDAY - FRIDAY 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM
|· n a t u r e · e c o l o g i c a l · c u l t u r a l · e d u c a t i o n a l · a d v e n t u r e ·
|Certified Interpretive Tour Guide Service for the EcoSensitive Traveler
|BOOKING ONLINE - TRANSFERS, TRANSPORTATION & TOURS
|It is understood that when you complete the booking process, you agree with our Terms and Conditions.
|AdvenTours / Birding PUERTO RICO is an equal opportunity provider.
|© 1992 - 2023 AdvenTours / Birding PUERTO RICO, updated June 27, 2023.
|All photographic material on this website is copyrighted by AdvenTours and/or its contributing photographers. Photos should not be
reproduced or exploited in any way without written permission from AdvenTours or Birding PUERTO RICO.
|© 1992 - 2023, AdvenTours PUERTO RICO.
787.530.8311 (2:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Monday thru Friday)
- UPDATED MARCH 21, 2023 - We will no longer require the use of the mask during
our on site trips.
- Nevertheless, if a client shows any symptom related or similar to Covid-19 (coughing,
sneezing, etc.) the person will be asked to wear the mask that we will provide. Face
mask will be mandatory in some of our smaller vehicles.
- Physical distance will still be required specially on bird outings. It is up to each one of
our Tour Guides or Drivers to wear the mask or ask clients to wear the mask.
- If you show any symptom and you are not willing to use the face mask, we will stop the
activity and no refunds will be given. It is understood that when you have booked with
us, you have read, understand and agree with this protocol.
|We appreciate your interest in traveling with us!
|TYPE OF SERVICES
- Pick-up / drop-off service:
One way airport to hotel or hotel to airport
One way hotel to convention or convention to hotel
One way hotel to restaurant or restaurant to hotel
One way hotel to attraction or attraction to hotel
- Drivers don´t wait for clients as transfers are offered from Point A to Point B. For
example, the driver will pick-up you at the airport and drop-off you at the hotel.
- If you want a short stop from Point A to Point B, please let us know and you will have
a courtesy stop for 15 minutes.
Need more than 15 minutes? A $75 per hour waiting fee applies.
- Complete service that includes pick-up / drop-off service, waiting while you go to
restaurants, attractions, meetings, weddings, etc.
- The driver stays with the clients from pick-up to drop-off.
- It also includes, but is not limited to our Road Trips, tours, Photography Escapes, etc.
- ROAD TRIP is a transportation service with a CERTIFIED CHAUFFEUR where the driver
takes you to the different locations you have selected.
- The driver is only responsible for driving you safely to the different sites that you have
selected and agreed before the trip.
- The driver stays in the area waiting for the group, but does not participate in the
activity nor he/she will be acting as a guide.
- You can select 4, 6, 8, 10 or up to 12 hours, which starts from the moment the driver
picks you up to the time you are back to the hotel, port, airport, ferry.
- Entrance fees, meals, snacks, driver´s expenses, and tips are not included in the
- This is not a guided service, if you want a guide in the vehicle, there will be an extra
charge per hour that will depend on the expertise of the guide on the region you have
selected as your destination.
- Some tours are offered on site, you will need to rent a vehicle to meet guide
- Some tours are offered on site, you will need to rent a vehicle to meet guide
on site and follow the guide to different locations you will be visiting. This basically
applies to some of our bird outings.
- TRANSPORTATION is a key component of a tour, it is a journey made for pleasure,
visiting several different places in an area with a Certified Tour Guide or a Tour Director.
- TRANSFER services for your dog or cat is available from/to ports/piers (Old San Juan
Port, Ceiba) and airports (SJU, Borinquen, Mercedita, Ceiba).
- SERVICE DOGS - Service dogs are allowed only when hiring private transportation.
You will need to contact us first as pets are not allowed on all vehicles. Depending on
the vehicle to be used, only lap service dogs will be allowed.
- DAMAGE FEE - A minimum of $250 fee will be placed on hold to your credit card.
Charges will depend on the type of damage (stains, scratches, bites). Please contact us
- A deposit or full payment will be required as we will be assigning a vehicle and driver
for you on selected date and time. Once you book online and your request is
approved, you will have 48 hours to cancel, otherwise, a refund will not be issued.
- Local Laws require the use of the seat belt on any vehicle, whether you are seated in
the front or last row of seats.
- As a client, you have the responsibility of using the seat belt immediately you are inside
the vehicle and until the engine is off.
If you are part of a birding trip and you see a bird you should wait until the driver CAR SEAT
allows you to step out of the vehicle.
We are not responsible of any injury you might have if you don´t follow these
- Local Laws require the use of a car seat for children. This requirement is the same
one as in the United States.
- Parents must bring a car seat of each kid according to their age, height, and weight.
- We will not allow children without car seats or seated on an adult lap.
- If you need to feed your baby, we will stop in a safe place. Remember, cleaning
TRASH FREE ZONES
- CLEANING FEE - Eating (candies, fruit bars, gum, etc.), drinking and wet clothes
are not allowed in our vehicles. All items will be placed on the trunk of the vehicle;
we will be providing stops for breaks and snack time. Cleaning fee starts at $150.
- TRASH FREE ZONES apply to all places we visit and to our vehicles. Driver will check
the vehicle for items left by clients. Any garbage left at the vehicle will be given back to
- We appreciate your business, but we need vehicles in the best top conditions!
- If you are only looking for transfers or transportation with us, please visit this link
- Smoking is not permitted, but if the person does not follows this policy, a minimum
cleaning fee of $250 will be charged and our service will end at that moment.
- The driver and/or guides are the only ones in charge of the air conditioner unit/s in the
- When you ask for pick-up / drop-off, transportation or a tour, requested service will be
offered in our ovehicles; these are not rented cars or vans.
- A Cleaning Fee will be place on hold to your credit card upon reservation and it applies
to the use of any liquid, cream or chemical, including, but not limited, sun block,
tanning lotions, insect repellent, etc.
- Drinking, eating, smoking and/or wet clothes are not allowed in any of our units. You
will have the opportunity for your snacks during our stops or breaks as they are part
of your trip. We have plenty of room at the trunk!
- Wet clothes are not allowed inside our vehicles. If raining, please take off your rain gear
before seating. We need our vehicles to be in top conditions. A cleaning fee could apply
- At the end of each service, our drivers and/or guides will inspect the vehicle and if
necessary a Cleaning Fee will be charged on site depending on the damage to our
vehicle/s, (starting @ $125 for our smaller vehicles).
- This includes chocolate bars. It is difficult to take stains out of the upholstery and
carpeting. Vehicles are sometimes used more than once a day and need to be in top
conditions. A cleaning fee could apply to your credit card.
- When using sun screen lotions, please clean your hands to avoid leaving your white
fingerprints all over our vehicles. A $350 cleaning fee could apply depending on damage
on the carpet or any other parts of the vehicle. If you need to use any lotions or
cremes, you should clean your hands before going inside the vehicle, we strongly
suggest wearing long sleeves/pants.
LOST AND FOUND
- AdvenTours / Birding PUERTO RICO and/or our partners, are not responsible for the
loss, damage, theft of luggage or personal belongings, or for personal injury, accidents
- We are not responsible for any item left in our vehicles.
- We encourage our customers to gather all your luggage, photo equipment, and any
other personal items before drop-off to hotel, port or airport.
- Drivers and/or guides will check the vehicle with you before you leave.
- Clients are responsible to check his/her items.
- If any item/s is left at the vehicle hidden in the trunk, under the seats or any other
place, we will notify the client via email
- If after clients leave the vehicle we find an item and we are able to identify the identity
of the owner of the item, we will we will notify the client via email.
- Client assumes the responsibility for the cost of returning items left in our
- You must inform us the address where you want the item to be returned.
- We will hold the item for the next 30 days from the day it is found.
DAMAGES TO VEHICLES OR EQUIPMENT
- The client is responsible for any damage done to our vehicles or equipment.
- These damages are not covered in the price of any of our services and will be charged
to the leader of the group or individual traveler before the end of the tour or activity.
- A report will be completed by the driver and signed by the person who booked our
- We will send a copy of the repairs done to our vehicle through email upon charging
your credit card.
- This happened a few years ago when we arrived at El Yunque National Forest. A client
stepped out of the vehicle, lost his balance and hit our vehicle. Although he apologised
and gave us $40, the cost to repair the damage was $250. As you will understand,
insurance covers a car in movement, not parked.
- If you need additional transportation service, transfers, or tours, please contact us as
drivers or guides are not authorized to quote or offer any service other than the one
you have paid for. We are not responsible of any event, including loss and/or death if
you decide on your own to contract the driver on your own. If the driver offers you
any other type of service, please contact us immediately.
- When transfers or transportation are requested, we will need a working cell phone
number, hotel telephone number, room number, or any other information where we
can contact you in case the driver/guide don´t find you, any delay in the traffic, etc. If
you use WhatsApp, the driver/guide could send you message using the application if
you are not reachable on the phone.
- Our staff will wait a maximum of 30 minutes unless you contact us at least 12 hours
before the selected activity to inform that you will be late. Please remember that we
could have another service scheduled after yours. A shorter version of the tour will be
offer on late arrivals. A waiting fee will apply.
- If you want to be pick-up at your hotel, prices are based on hotels located in touristic
areas. An additional $75 fee per every extra half-hour WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR
CREDIT CARD if hotel is not located in these areas as it could take longer or roads will
toll will be taken. Before completing this booking, contact us to make sure that we can
pick you up in a place that is more than 5 minutes from the main route.
- Each passenger is responsible of handling their luggage and photographic equipment.
It is the responsibility of the client to pay any fee for lost/found items. The price for
returning such items will be charged to your credit card.
AdvenTours / Birding PUERTO RICO reserves the right to decline or retain any member of the
group of the service been offered at any time.
Once you finish the booking, you will receive an email with instructions with a
link to digitally sign our waivers. A waiver form will be provided before the trip
if you have failed to complete the waivers online. It is understood that by
booking our services you agree with these Terms and Conditions.
PRICES & QUOTES
- All prices and discounts are subject to change without notice.
- Written quotations and/or discounts are valid for 30 calendar days from the date of
quotation/discount and are subject to availability from the quotation/discount date to
the date final booking is made. If you want to hold the date, a non-refundable deposit
will be required.
- Verbal quotations expire 24 hours after they are made.
- We reserve the right to revise prices of work in process, the production of which is
delayed for a period in excess of 30 days due to any act of Buyer.
- AdvenTours is not responsible for the loss, damage, theft of luggage or personal
belongings, or for personal injury, accidents or illness.
- For your protection, it is important and strongly recommended that you have or
purchase adequate insurance, including trip cancellation and interruption of trip through
your authorized travel agent.
|FOR TRANSFERS FROM
SAN JUAN SELECT YOUR
CLICK PROVIDED LINKS
TO BOOK ONLINE
(1 - 3 PAX)