|STEP 1 – REQUEST
- These are the General Terms and Conditions for trips for individuals. For groups, customized tours and tour
packages, another link will be sent as other terms and conditions will apply.
- If you agree with these General Terms and Conditions, please check the Item "I agree" and write your name initials and date on the
box provided to the right of the item.
- Always confirm prices since they may vary from quotation day to the confirmation day due to changes in the market
(gasoline prices, changes in tickets´ fee, etc.) that are out of our control.
- Please verify your email, phone number, and country of origin before submitting the request.
- If you do not receive an email or call from our staff in 48 hours, please resend information.
STEP 2 – AVAILABILITY
- Upon receipt of your request, we will verify if selected date(s) are available.
- If the date is available, we will notify you through email and assign a number to your request on the subject line.
- Please refer to this number when contacting us.
- We will hold the selected date(s) for two (2) days until you decide payment method as described above.
- You should contact us via email confirming your decision, selected dates, and any other pertinent information
related to your trip.
- We will not guarantee selected dates or book any trip unless we receive a non-refundable deposit within the next
seven (7) days. Larger groups could take longer as you need to contact all participants, please discuss this term in
writing with us.
- If you don´t need a quote, please go STEP 4.
STEP 3 – QUOTE
- On customized itineraries there is a non-refundable itinerary fee of $125 per proposal for small groups of up to
6 participants and $250 for larger groups.
- This non-refundable itinerary fee will be deducted from the land cost once a trip is selected and payment per person is
- Once we receive the itinerary fee, we will email you a questionnaire and will proceed to design your itinerary.
- If changes to the itinerary are necessary, we will submit a second itinerary. A maximum of two itineraries are
- Upon approval of the itinerary, we will submit you an invoice for a non-refundable deposit in order to start booking
hotels, tours, guides, tour buses, or any other service.
- The initial fee will be deducted from the final payment.
- Itineraries and designed routes are copyrighted to AdvenTours Puerto Rico. Once a contract is signed by the tour
operator or group leader and our company, the tour operator or group leader should not be offering their services
in Puerto Rico while using the itinerary designed by us.
- When booking a tour or tour package for a group, we should receive all payments form the person or company who
signs the contract with us. We will not accept direct deposits or payments from your clients; we do not held any
type of responsibility for lost payments, claims, refunds, price difference or any other issues if this policy is not
STEP 4 – RESERVATIONS
- Reservations and a non-refundable deposit are always required in order to guarantee selected date(s) and activities.
- Reservations will be always confirmed when we receive your non-refundable deposit.
- Always confirm prices since it may vary from quotation day to the confirmation day due to changes in the market
and the time it takes you to confirm the date and/or tour.
- On multiday tours, you will receive a BOOKING VOUCHER with all instructions for your trip, including confirmation
numbers on selected activities.
- HOT DEALS reservations require a full non-refundable deposit.
STEP 5 – PAYMENT REQUIREMENTS
- On all basic trips a non-refundable deposit is always required to guarantee the date.
50% non-refundable deposit to guarantee date
50% balance due at least two weeks before selected date
- No personal checks. We will not accept payments sent with personal checks.
- At this moment we only accept payments through (1) money order only from USPO via certified mail, (2) direct
deposit, (3) transfers via Moneygram or Western Union transfers, (4) ATH Móvil.
- If your payment method is direct deposit to our bank, you will receive a pdf document with pertinent information in
order to proceed with your payment.
- Tours will not be honored if we do not receive complete payment as per these terms unless special agreement
has been approved by the owner of the company by written. If the owner of the company offers you a special
discount or payment alternatives, please email us and confirm the conversation before submitting any payment
since you will need a special confirmation number from us.
- No trip or tour will be honored if the balance due has not been received; henceforth, late payment will result in
automatic cancellation of requested services.
- After we receive your reservation and deposit, an email will be sent to you showing the date on which the balance is
- On direct deposits, any fee charged by our bank will be paid on site, copy of our bank statement will be provided.
- HOT DEALS require a full non-refundable deposit.
- The receipt of your non-refundable deposit shall be deemed to be consent on all steps included in these General Terms and
STEP 6 - CANCELLATION POLICIES
- All deposits are non-refundable, unless we are unable to offer the tour due to reasons out of our control, such
as hurricane or earthquake in Puerto Rico. Amount of deposit could vary depending on selected activity/ies.
- For white river rafting, please check cancellation, refund, and rescheduling fees on this link.
- If we need to end the trip because our non-smoking policy is not followed, no refund will be issued.
- Cancellations received 15 days before departure will be subject to an additional handling charge of $125 per person
and a service fee of 15% of the land tour rate, plus any other non-refundable expenses incurred for hotels,
transportation, or other arrangements contracted for.
- Written notice is required for all cancellations before departure date. Please, do not leave voice messages or send
text messages; you must send written cancellation notice via email or certified mail as proof in case you need to
claim a refund.
- Do not assume that we have received text, voice or email messages, always confirm with our staff.
- Refunds will be made within 45 days of approval.
- The deposit is non-refundable;
- If you cancel your trip, refunds for balance (not for the deposit) will be issued as follows:
100% 3 months before the trip
75% 2 months before the trip
50% 1 month before the trip
- Other conditions apply for customized, group tours or tour packages, please contact our staff.
- If the owner of the company has agreed for any other cancellation policy, please email us and confirm the
conversation before submitting any payment since you will need a special confirmation number from us.
- If for any reason we must withdraw a departure on which you are booked and you are unable to accept alternate
tour or date/s which will be offered, all monies paid to us on the canceled tour will be refunded, including non-
refundable deposit, within 45 days.
CANCELLATIONS (after departure)
- There can be no adjustment for unused portions of a program unless special arrangements have been made with
our company prior to departure in written.
- Refunds will not be made for unused hotels, tours or meals.
- If someone in your group must return home during the tour due to health condition or death in family, the person
will be refunded the net funds that we can recover from contractors for the services not used.
- No refund for last minute cancellations or no show at meeting point, or pick-up hotel/port.
- We will keep informed on canceled or delayed flights; you should contact us as soon as possible either with our
office or the driver that will pick up your group.
- If we must terminate the tour due to circumstances beyond our control, you will be refunded the net funds that we
can recover from contractors for the services not used.
- Applications for any refund must be made in writing (via email or certified letter) to us within 5 days of tour
termination. You should receive a cancellation and confirmation number through email.
- We always ask clients to contact us via phone upon arriving in Puerto Rico (8:00 PM through midnight).
If you don´t have a cell phone, please ask Concierge or Front Desk to contact us.
- We will need your contact cell phone number, hotel telephone number, room number, or any other
information needed where we can contact you in case the driver/guide don´t find you, any delay in the traffic, etc.
- In case you will be late, you should notify assigned guide, driver and/or our office via phone. Please do not send
last minute text or voice message as they can be driving and it is illegal to read/send text or emails in Puerto Rico
- Our staff will wait a maximum of 30 minutes. Please remember that we could have another tour schedule after your
tour. In some cases, a shorter version of the tour will be offer on late arrivals.
- It is the responsibility of the person who book the tour to inform all participants on these terms and conditions,
including the clean-up fees.
- AdvenTours is not responsible for the loss, damage, theft of luggage or personal belongings, or for personal injury,
accidents or illness.
- For your protection, it is important and strongly recommended that you have or purchase adequate insurance,
including trip cancellation and interruption of trip through your authorized travel agent. Check the bottom of this
page for suggestions.
- Group coordinator or travel agent is responsible for the purchase of adequate insurance plan.
STEP 7 - TOUR INFORMATION - IMPORTANT NOTES
- We reserve the right to decline or retain any person(s) as member of the tour at any time.
- For maximum enjoyment of your tour, you should be in a good physical and mental health, able and willing to
actively participate in solo or group events, and to walk and move about when the tour visits places of interest
which can be reached only on foot, and able to participate in van, boat, kayak or bike trips.
- Trip participants who required any form of assistance must be accompanied by a travel companion who is capable
of, and totally responsible for, providing assistance.
- It should also be noted that there are attractions which require walking to observe and enjoy.
- Because our programs required walking and due to space restrictions, customized tours for the handicapped can be
- Your tour will be escorted by a professional Tour Manager throughout the land portion.
- Your Tour Manager will serve you in all matter pertaining to the tour operation and will ensure that you have a
carefree and enjoyable trip. This does not apply to self-guided tours or packages where you travel on your own.
- Please note that when “see” or “view” are specified in the itineraries, it denotes an outside view; “visit” or “short
stop at” usually includes entry.
- During our trips we usually take pictures of our customers and will be sent to you as a souvenir or your vacation.
We can either send them to you via email or upload them in our Facebook site. You should approve us taken
pictures of the trip as a souvenir, publishing it on Facebook, or using it as part of our promotional or educational
materal. Please send note by written if you don´t want pictures to be taken during your trip.
- For people with allergies or extreme breathing conditions, air quality is not the best during the Hurricane Season
due to the Dust of the Sahara, ashes of Monserrat Volcano combined with possible high concentration of mold and
humidity. These conditions could happen a few times and the frequency could vary from one year to the other.
LOGGING AND MEALS
- Breakfasts, luncheons, and dinners are included only as specified in the itineraries.
- If you require a special diet due to health condition, we should know it before submitting itineraries that include any
type of meal.
ADMISSIONS AND FEES
- Entertainment, special events, sightseeing tours, entrance fees, local guides, tips and service charge are included
only as stipulated in the itinerary.
- Tip to guide are driver and not included in quoted price.
- Our company is pet friendly.
- For pick-up / drop-off, we have crates for dogs up to 20 and 75 pounds.
- Damage fee is applicable and will depend on the type of damage (stains, scratches, bites)--minimum fee will be $50.
- Due to the nature of our tours and our company policy, smoking is not permitted under any circumstances
during our meals, meetings or tours.
- Regulations for smokers have been established by the Government on public spaces and buildings, hotels, rooms,
restaurants, offices, etc., plus the entrance of these places.
- All selected hotels and restaurants are for non-smokers.
- Drivers and tour guides are not allowed to smoke at any moment. If one of our guides ordrivers smoke during a
tour, please email us.
- For donations for the advancement of a cure for respiratory diseases, please contact the Puerto Rican Lung
Association at http://www.pulmonpr.org.
TOUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- All items of a personal nature including wine, liquor, soft drinks, mineral water, laundry, items not on regular menus,
accident and baggage insurance, end-of-tour gratuity to your tour manager, tour guide, driver; and for any
personal service rendered and/or not included as part of the itinerary, and any items not specifically listed as
- Cleaning fee due to the use of any liquid, cream or chemical, including, but not limited, sun block, tanning lotions,
insect repellent, etc. Fee will depend on the type of damage to the vehicle.
- Smoking is not permitted, but if the person does not follows this policy, a cleaning fee of $250 will be charged.
- Raining? Please ask the driver if you can keep your rain poncho as some vehicles don´t have waterproof seats.
- Eating or drinking is not allowed in some of the vehicles, please ask before booking. When booking, a cleaning fee
will be charged to groups. The leader of the group is responsible for any cleaning fee. The driver will inspect the
vehicle before leaving the group at hotel, airport or port. If there is no damage, the fee will be returned in cash at
STEP 8 - DISCLAIMER
- When booking a tour you acknowledge that our participation in our outdoor activities entails known and
unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to yourself,
property or third parties. You also understand that such risks simply cannnot be eliminated without jeopardizing the
essential qualities of the activity you voluntarily enrolled.
- AdvenTours acts only as agent of the hotels, shuttle, tour companies (kayaks, boats, bicycles, diving, snorkeling,
white river rafting, body rafting, caving, spelunking, and any other related activity), restaurants or owner or
contractors, or by persons in their employ, providing accommodations, transportation, tours, outdoor activities or
- We are not responsible or liable for any act, injury, loss, death, accident, damage, delay, omission, irregularity or
non-performance occurring in connection with these arrangements.
- AdvenTours reserves the right to decline or retain any person(s) as member of the tour at any time.
- In case of any claim, only local Laws will apply on any legal issue and should be resolve only in local court in
Puerto Rico). All expenses should and will be paid by the person, agency, company or legal firm who starts the
- By signing provided waivers, you acknowledge that if anyone from your group is hurt or property is damaged during
your participation in any of our activities, you will be found by a court of Law to have waived your right to maintain a
lawsuit against AdvenTours or Birding PUERTO RICO or any of the companies that we act as agents, on the basis of
any claim from which you have released us. Henceforth, when you pay for our services you agree to participate in
our activities and use, if applicable, our equipment and facilities, and you further agree to indemnify and hold
harmless AdvenTours and/or Birding PUERTO RICO from any and all claims which are brought by and which are in
any way connected with such use or participation in any of our activities.
- For people looking for a trip while in Puerto Rico, you should read these Terms and Conditions before booking your
trip on the phone. You will be asked to send an email or text message as evidence that you have read, agree and
approve these Terms and Conditions.