|· n a t u r e · e c o t o u r s · c u l t u r a l · e d u c a t i o n a l · t o u r s ·
|· n a t u r e · e c o l o g i c a l · c u l t u r a l · e d u c a t i o n a l · t o u r s ·
|· Birding Trips since 1992 ·
|· Nature, Adventure, and Cultural Operator · Consultants · Trainers · Mayagüez · Luquillo · San Juan · Fajardo · Ceiba ·
|I invite you to explore our website
and select Puerto Rico as your next
travel destination. Let our
experienced staff transform your
dream vacation into reality.
Hilda Morales - Owner
|White river rafting in Puerto Rico
|Celebrating 25 years in the West region!
|SEASONAL OUTDOOR ADVENTURES
|River rafting is offered only September through December, book your adventure now!
Twenty five years ago we mentioned that we wanted to
offer river rafting trips in the western side of the Island,
people laughed at us. Twenty five years later, we have
teamed with Puerto Rico Ríos Rafting Co. to offer
transportation and the white river rafting adventure to our
clients. It is like a dream come true!
This activity takes you to the countryheart of our
island where coffee was the main industry almost two
hundred years ago. By that time, our ancestors
arrived from Spain and settled in Las Marías. It was
in la Pepinera where my mom spent time during her
childhood more than 80 years ago.
When we created La ruta del café in 1992, we
wanted people to visit a coffee plantation and have
enough time to explore the cultural and historical
aspects of this region within its own natural
resources. Río Grande de Añasco is part of this
history, is part of our ancestor´s legacy.
|What you should know before the trip.
|Connecting people with people...
- White river rafting takes place in Río Grande de Añasco.
- AdvenTours will be the transportation provider for the 2017-2018 season.
- It takes at least 2-1/2 hrs. drive from San Juan to meeting point.
- We should be at meeting point not later than 10:00 AM, please verify if your
hotel is within the pick-up route that starts at 7:30 AM.
- When you book with us, you will not need to drive as our designated driver
takes care of it.
- What is included in the price? Pick-up / drop-off on selected hotels in San
Juan and Carolina, White River Rafting Adventure, snacks, and light lunch.
- Before booking your trip, please read the following notes.
- A waiver should be completed and signed by each one of the participants
before starting the river ride.
- This activity is subject to weather conditions. FYI this trip could be subject to cancellation if the river conditions
are not satisfactory on the day the river trip is scheduled. Meaning if the water levels are too high or to low to
safely navigate the river the trip will be canceled and rescheduled to a later date. Unfortunately we can not control
the weather so if this happens your party will not be charged a rescheduling fee and no refunds will be given.
- The supplier keeps checking the level of the river, they will inform us the water level two days before each trip and,
if necessary, they will reschedule your trip for another date.
- If we need to cancel due to weather conditions, we will issue a refund as Terms and Conditions.
- We strongly suggest to purchase a Travel Insurance before starting your trip to Puerto Rico.
- Depending on the group and weather conditions, meeting point can change (Meeting Point A or Meeting Point B).
- Safety orientation is given before you get on to the water.
- Once in the river, the trip covers approximately 8 miles in about 3 to 4 hours depending on the composition of the group and flow of the river.
- There will be one leader per inflatable boat that holds from 2 to 6 people; one paddle per person, helmet, and flotation device.
- Light lunch (sandwiches and fruits) is included during a break to enjoy the beauty of the scenery in a natural pond. If you have any allergies,
please take your medicine before the trip and inform the staff.
Río Grande de Añasco (RGA) starts in the
Cordillera Central between the towns of Lares
and Yauco. Its watershed consists of an area of
181 mi2 within the towns of Lares, Las Marías,
San Sebastián, Añasco and Mayagüez. RGA has
a length of 34.75 miles and it is the second of the
three most important rivers with significant river
Río Grande de Añasco divides the towns of San Sebastián
and Las Marías: you will be navegating from one town to
the other as you travel down the stream.
In the past, Quebrada Pepinera was
also known as Mamá Pepa and was
part of the land owned by the Spaniards
that cultivated coffee and sugar cane in
San Sebastián and Las Marías.
- As you get close to Quebrada Pepinera, you will start going down the stream between hills of volcanic origins and you will witness
meanders that are almost permanent in this section of the river.
- It is said that it was in this river that the Taínos killed Diego Salcedo as a proof that the Spaniards were not immortals.
- In the past, coffee was the main product in the fertile soils of these mountains. The river was part of the of the daily routine of many
labradores and jornaleros who worked the land.
- Through Río Grande de Añasco, many cimarrones (runaway slaves) escaped to liberty.
- Good news! The ride ends at Anones bridge in Añasco where you will have
the opportunity to use the restrooms and showers at a sport bar.
- By the time we end, we will be ready to go back to San Juan, but first, we will
stop for late lunch or early dinner at a lechonera in Lares.
- The trip to San Juan could be longer due to the peak of the traffic.
- Since we are on the coffee zone, an optional stop for coffee
lovers is included or perhaps stop for some ice cream at La Tetita.
|...you will be wet, tired and hungry.
- Overnight is available (Monday through Thursday) in San Sebastián close where the rafting starts.
- We have an agreement with the community for rustic double rooms (twin beds) with a/c, dinner,
and breakfast for private groups with a minimum of 6 participants. Non-smokers only!
- If you want to avoid waking up early and San Juan´s morning traffic, this option is for you. When
you stay the night before, the river ride starts at 8:00 AM.
- Please contact us for price.
Sept through Dec
Hotel, port, airport
$199 pp weekdays
$225 pp weekends
from San Juan
Rafting, snacks, water
|Updated September 18, 2017.
|Prices might vary depending on gasoline prices at the time of the tour.
Please ask before booking any tour.
|All photographic material on this website is copyrighted by AdvenTours and/or its contributing photographers. Photos should not be reproduced or exploited in
any way without written permission from AdvenTours or Birding PUERTO RICO.
|© 1992 - 2017, AdvenTours PUERTO RICO.
787.530.8311 (2:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Monday thru Friday)
OFFICE HOURS: MONDAY - FRIDAY 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM
|If what you are looking is not listed here, drop us an email at your convenience.
|Due to the number of people visiting El Yunque National Forest during the Holy Week/Weekend (Wednesday through Sunday, including
Good Friday and Easter) and the month of July, we DO NOT OFFER tours to El Yunque other than the Night Hike and/or Ancestral Areyto.
Access to the Forest is limited and we cannot guarantee the quality during those days.
|$195 pp from San Juan limited time,
bookings should be made on or
before September 15, 2017.
Regular price, $225 pp
Discount only directly with us.
|If we did it, you can do it! We know is a
long drive, but we survive when we were
working on the logistics of the
transportation for this adventure.